Countryside students "leave their mark" on current Construction Project
Countryside Elementary worked with their construction crew on how students could leave their mark on the current construction project happening at their school. Today students got the chance to sign their names on the concrete floor in one of the new spaces!
- Additional space for new District Magnet/Choice Program: Countryside Spanish Dual Immersion
- Additional space for needs of students served in Special Education
- Alignment with pre-planned construction: Parking lot reconfiguration and playground enhancement
- August 2022: Project Bids
- Fall 2022: Construction Starts - Safety fencing, excavating, footings, foundation, brick work, etc.
- Summer 2023: Bus loop, playground, parking lot work completed
- Fall 2023: Construction Complete (Exact date dependent upon multiple factors)
Click on an image for a larger view.
Communications from Karen Bergman, Principal
DROP OFF & PICK UP MAP: EXISTING VS. PROPOSED
Improvements will take place in all colored regions that appear below.
- Spanish Immersion Program
- 6 grade-level classrooms, 2 kindergarten classrooms
- Multipurpose Room
- Centralized Special Education space
- Reconstruct existing ramp connection to be accessible, construct elevator
- Dedicated bus loop and bus entries, separated from parent drop-off traffic
- Extended parent drop-off lane, all accessed from Benton and Stuart
- Parent drop-off located at main entry
- Playground reconstruction for accessibility, in partnership with PTO
- Additional visitor parking